Friday 1 April 2016

Final day and heading home.... Mostly!

A great final days skiing and the kids looked fantastic with nearly everyone making on the red slopes... Such different people to when they began this adventure with some mean skiing skills!!!

We did have a little bit more drama than i usually like today...

Unfortunately Ben Sleath had a fall today and dislocated his shoulder and had to be evacuated by helicopter to the hospital! The good news is that is fine and in good spirits and has had a good chat to his mum too :-)

The bad news is that he cannot travel back on the coach and has to stay overnight in hospital but luckily he has me to keep him company!!! 

I have just waved off the main party who left on time to begin their journey across Europe under the direction of Mr Buck and the team who have a few spare seats to take up now! If all goes well they should hit Calais for a 7am ish crossing and expect to be back at HPS around 2pm tomrrow.

The team will keep me up to date with their progress and I will do the same for you by the blog.

Ben and I will be fine and will enjoy a night in comfy hospital beds and once the insurance folk get it all sorted we should fly back in the next day hopefully .

It is never nice to have an accident but they can happen when you are skiing and Ben like the rest of the gang has had a great week... the instructors, medical people and hospital were and are fantastic so Ben has been in safe and efficient hands... Plus he got to go in a helicopter!!! 

In collecting my thoughts as I head to Innsbruck all I can say is what a fantastic week and what a fantastic group... It has been a real pleasure to take the pupils on this trip which has been without doubt one of the best I have ever run and I'd take them all again given the chance.. They have been well behaved and worked really hard at their new skill.. They are a credit to each of their families and also the school.  I also cannot forgot the staff, Mr Buck, Miss Ball, Mrs Hanford and Mr Thompson... A fantastic team and we have had a real laugh at each other and with the kids this week.

Thanks also to the parents for allowing us to take your children away to a foreign country to experience the fantastic sport of skiing.. I am sure your children will have plenty to talk about and will be tapping you up for the trip next year!! Watch this space!!

That's all for now, I'll keep you posted on the main party progression as i hear from them.

Kris Cross



Taxi for Mr Sleath!

Off he goes 

Still smiling and munching away :-)

Fairwell to the bus

HPS SKI AUSTRIA 2016




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking them hps, it will be an experience they will never forget. I am very greatfull lewis had the opportunity going and the same I bet for the other pupils. Thanks Mr cross for lending lewis ur ski goggles.Ben hope u feel better soon. Happy flying Ben and Mr cross, u may be back b4 the coach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking them hps, it will be an experience they will never forget. I am very greatfull lewis had the opportunity going and the same I bet for the other pupils. Thanks Mr cross for lending lewis ur ski goggles.Ben hope u feel better soon. Happy flying Ben and Mr cross, u may be back b4 the coach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge thank you to the Teachers. They will look back in years to come - fabulous memories. So sorry to hear about Ben (I'll bet that hurt!) Hope you are soon released from hospital and winging your way back home. The helicopter really does look impressive on the slopes! Have a safe journey back everyone. Ben E - looks like you've had a fantastic time Son and we are really looking forward to seeing you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all had a fab last day..Cool photo of the gang ..
    Shame to hear about Ben๐Ÿ˜” Hope he gets home safe.. Safe trip to the rest of the gypsies .. Can't wait to hear about it all tomorrow when my baby girl gets home.

    Thanks again Christian Bale (Mr Cross) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah so that was what they were telling me to check the blog for!!! Always the jokers that lot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no - a dramatic last day! Hope Ben is recovering and you both get home soon. A fab pic of Jack on day 5 thank you Mr Cross - he does like to dodge the camera! Thank you all so much for running the trip - they look like they've had a brilliant introduction to the slopes. Safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adventure! I'm sure they all had a fantastic time, even Ben - hope you're better soon. Great pics, fab blog & so good to see Dylan on piste, not even a Twonk! Very proud of you son! ๐Ÿ˜€ Xbox on standby! Thank you so much HPS for the opportunity. Safe trip home all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to say a huge Thankyou to all the Teachers and also to the staff in Austria for taking care of our children whilst giving them new opportunities and also a holiday of a lifetime...All of your support and encouragement has been absolutely fantastic and from the bottom of my heart,I thank you all...Missed you so much Jaiden and can't wait to have you home..Left you loads of jobs to do so YOU can now save for your next mission๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I hope you have had an experience you will never forget son....
    Wishing Ben a speedy Recovery,and also a safe journey back to his family...
    ....Have a safe journey back the rest of you guys also....xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pic on last day , hope you all have a safe journey home - I will see you Sunday
    Michael sorry I can't be there to meet you home , hope Ben recovers well and also has a safe trip home, thanks to every1 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a long time me & my friend were searching for informative blogs, but now I am on the right place guys, you have made a room in my heart! SkiCoaching resourse

    ReplyDelete